- Aromas: Raspberries, strawberries and violets
- Flavors: Strawberry jam, caramel and ripe figs
- Profile: Medium-weight with beautiful texture, juicy mid-palate and polished tannins
We sourced our 2021 Pinot Noir grapes from the Rodgers Creek Vineyard in the Sonoma Coast AVA just off the Pacific central coast. We always stay true to traditional winemaking styles, and the coastal area’s soil and cool breezes help Pinot Noir grapes retain the acidity that gives them their Burgundian characters. Most importantly for us, the Pacific wind and fog combine with more temperate inland weather to keep fruit on the vine long into the season. This creates excellent phenolic ripeness at harvest, with low-to-moderate sugar levels, ideal acidity and terrific aromatic and flavor characters.
- Clones 667 & 777 on 101-14 rootstock
- Harvested: September 9, 2021
- Brix @ Harvest: 23.6°
- Fermentation details: 4-day cold soak, 15% whole cluster, 10-day primary fermentation in open-top tank, 7-day extended maceration, malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Aging: 11 months in new & neutral French oak
- Final blend: 100% Pinot Noir (98% Rodgers Creek Vineyard, 2% Lindsay’s Vineyard)
- pH: 3.64
- TA: 5.8 g/L
- Alcohol: 13.7%
2021 was an excellent vintage for Northern California. Warm days and cool nights brought us phenolic ripeness and balanced acidity.