- Aromas: Wild berries, black currants, cedar
- Flavors: Cherry, cassis, dark plums
- Profile: Medium bodied with great texture, polished tannins and balanced acidity.
Our 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon is sourced from one of the most historic and sought-after properties in the new world. The vineyard originally was planted by Thomas Rutherford in 1895. Georges de Latour, founder of Beaulieu Vineyards, purchased the site in 1928 and it became the home to BV’s Rutherford Cabernets made by elite winemaker, Andre Tchelistcheff, throughout the 1960’s and 1970’s. The site was then replanted using modern clones by another well-known grower in the late 1980’s, using trellising and spacing to yield optimum quality.
- Brix @ Harvest: 26.1°
- Fermentation Details: 4-day cold soak, 13-day primary fermentation, 14-day extended maceration, malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Aging: 22 months in new & neutral French oak barrels
- pH: 3.82
- TA: 7.7 g/L
- Alcohol: 14.5%
2019 was a fast and steady vintage for Napa Valley: warm days, cool nights and early season rain produced an exceptional growing season producing wines with bright acidity, forward tannins and deep, rich color.