- Aromas: Rose petals, raspberries, mocha
- Flavors: Blueberries, red currants, butterscotch
- Profile: Medium-bodied with silky texture, polished tannins and balanced acidity
Stagecoach is one of Napa’s iconic mountain vineyards, climbing between 900 and 1700 feet up the southern face of Pritchard Hill onto Atlas Peak. The site is planted to a wide range of varietals and rootstocks, and features several distinct microclimates. Our Cabernet Franc is from the most sought-after section – Block I. This stretch of low yielding vines delivers unparalleled aromatics of red fruit and soft berry, which gradually gives way to refined minerality and light herbaceous notes for wine of unparalleled elegance.
- Harvested: October 7, 2019
- Brix @ harvest: 25.8°
- Fermentation details: 4-day cold soak, 13-day primary fermentation, 12-day extended maceration, malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Aging: 22 months in French oak barrels
- Final blend: 96% Cabernet Franc, 3% Merlot & 1% Petite Verdot
- pH: 3.69
- TA: 5.8 g/L
- Alcohol: 14.5%
2019 was a fast and steady vintage for Napa Valley: warm days, cool nights and early season rain produced an exceptional growing season producing wines with bright acidity, forward tannins and deep, rich color.