- Aromas: Wild berries, cocoa powder and baking spices
- Flavors: Strawberries, vanilla bean and dark chocolate
- Profile: Medium weight with a silky texture, fine tannins and a long finish.
Our 2018 Pinot Noir is sourced from Lindsay’s Vineyard in the Sta. Rita Hills AVA. The Sta. Rita Hills AVA lies in Santa Barbara County, where the mountains closest to the Pacific coast lie perpendicular to the shore, forming valleys that funnel cool air and fog to estates well inland. A hint of Rodger’s Creek Pinot Noir from the Petaluma Gap brings us perfect balance.
- Harvested: 9/28/18
- Brix @ Harvest: 23.8°
- Fermentation Details: 5-day cold soak, 6-day primary fermentation, 10-day extended maceration, secondary fermentation in barrel
- Aging: 11 months in French oak
- Final blend: 100% Pinot Noir (98% Lindsay’s Vineyard, 2% Rodgers Creek)
- Clones: 4, 2A, 667, 777
- pH: 3.64
- TA: 6.3 g/L
- Alcohol: 13.7%
2018 was one of the best vintages California Pinot Noir has seen. A later start in the Spring meant a later finish in the Fall. Warm days and cool nights – near perfect conditions!
- Release date: April 1, 2020
93 Points Wine Enthusiast
“This is an ethereally light style of Pinot Noir, yet is extremely complex and engaging on all fronts. Fresh aromas of strawberry, wild mint and tarragon lead into a snappy palate of pomegranate and hibiscus, with a savory white-pepper spice.” December 2020