- Aromas: Stone fruits, pears and honey
- Flavors: Golden apples, pears and citrus
- Profile: This Chardonnay has a great texture and mouthfeel with bright acidity and ripe fruit flavors. Bright and balanced, our Chardonnay can be enjoyed on its own or as an accompaniment to a variety of meals.
Our 2018 Chardonnay is sourced from Courtney’s Vineyard in the Sta. Rita Hills AVA. The Sta. Rita Hills AVA lies in Santa Barbara County, where the mountains closest to the Pacific coast lie perpendicular to the shore, forming valleys that funnel cool air and fog to estates well inland. A hint of Rodger’s Creek Chardonnay from the Petaluma Gap brings us perfect balance.
- Harvested: 9/28/18
- Brix @ Harvest: 23.3°
- Fermentation Details: Whole cluster pressed, gentle pressing, racked to barrel for primary and malolactic fermentation.
- Aging: 11 months in French oak
- Final blend: 100% Chardonnay (97% Courtney’s Vineyard, 3% Rodgers Creek)
- Clones: 4 & 95
- pH: 3.5
- TA: 7.2 g/L
- Alcohol: 13.7%
2018 was the seventh consecutive incredible vintage for California Chardonnay. Conditions were near-perfect – warm and dry, allowing for perfect ripening of the fruit.
- Release date: April 1, 2020
93 Points Wine Enthusiast
“Aromas of crushed stone and chalk meet with intense lemon rind on the nose, with hints of oak and butter chiming in. There is a tight Meyer lemon peel flavor to the fresh sip, while apple peel and sea salt carry through to the finish.” December 2020