- Aromas: Blackberries, butterscotch, anise
- Flavors: Dark fruits, black cherry, spice
- Profile: Full bodied with plenty of grip and length. Terrific when decanted at release but justly rewards those who wait.
Our 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon is sourced equally from Broken Rock Vineyard, which lies just off Silverado Trail in the Atlas Peak AVA, and Melrose Vineyard in the Rutherford AVA. Both sites produce balanced, richly-structured wines, with a bit more tannin from Atlas Peak and the velvet finish for which Rutherford Dust is well known.
- Brix @ Harvest: 25.8-26.2°
- Fermentation Details: 4-day cold soak, 13-day primary fermentation, 14-day extended maceration, malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Aging: 23 months in new & neutral French oak barrels
- pH: 3.79
- TA: 6.2 g/L
- Alcohol: 14.5%
2018 was a terrific year, plenty of warm days and cool nights yielded wines with ripe flavors, ample structure and vibrant acidity.
94 Points The Tasting Panel Magazine
“Intense garnet color, and rich aromas of earth and plum. Blackberry and spice appear on the palate, which is balanced and complex yet seamless. Delicious and long, with excellent finesse.” June 2021