- Aromas: Dark chocolate, blueberries and spice
- Flavors: Black currants, tobacco and dried cherries
- Profile: The wine is medium bodied with tremendous mouthfeel, polished tannins and balanced acidity. This wine is built to age beautifully.
Stagecoach is one of Napa’s iconic mountain vineyards, climbing between 900 and 1700 feet up the southern face of Pritchard Hill onto Atlas Peak. The site is planted to a wide range of varietals and rootstocks, and features several distinct microclimates. Our Cabernet Franc is from the most sought-after section – Block I. This stretch of low yielding vines delivers unparalleled aromatics of red fruit and soft berry, which gradually gives way to refined minerality and light herbaceous notes for wine of unparalleled elegance.
- Harvested: 10/5/18
- Brix @ harvest: 25.7°
- Fermentation details: 4-day cold soak, 12-day primary fermentation, 10-day extended maceration, malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Aging: 22 months in French oak barrels
- Final blend: 98.5% Cabernet Franc, 1% Merlot & 0.5% Malbec
- pH: 3.68
- TA: 6.0 g/L
- Alcohol: 14.5%
2018 was one of the best vintages California has seen. A later start in the Spring meant a later finish in the Fall. Warm days and cool nights – near perfect conditions!
94 Points The Tasting Panel