- Aromas: Blackberries, butterscotch, anise
- Flavors: Dark fruits, black cherry, spice
- Profile: Full bodied with plenty of grip and length. Terrific when decanted at release but justly rewards those who wait.
Our 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is equally sourced from Broken Rock Vineyard, which lies just off Silverado Trail in the Atlas Peak AVA, and Fern Rock Vineyard in the Spring Mountain AVA. Both sites produce balanced, richly-structured wines.
- Harvested: 10/6/17-10/25/17
- Brix @ Harvest: 25.8-26.2°
- Fermentation Details: 4-day cold soak, 13-day primary fermentation, 14-day extended maceration, malolactic fermentation in barrels
- Aging: 22 months in new & neutral French oak barrels
- Final blend: 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Petit Verdot, 2% Malbec & 1% Merlot
- pH: 3.79
- TA: 6.2 g/L
- Alcohol: 14.5%
2017 was another incredible vintage for Napa Valley! Warm days and cool nights yielded wines with ripe flavors, ample structure and vibrant acidity.
94 Points Anthony Dias Blue
91 Points Wine Enthusiast
“This is a slatey and earthy wine built by substantial tannins. Lengths of black currant and blackberry are peppered in cigar box and clove on the palate.” Virginie Boone
91 Points Wine Spectator
“Open and accessible, shows a gush of warmed cassis and plum compote flavors, laced with black licorice, supported by a graphite edge at the very end. Drink now through 2027.” James Molesworth